My trip to Russia

When I went to Russia I got to reunite with the rest of my family. I got to see my grandparents, my stepsister and some of my friends.
I went to the Red Square where I haven't been for a long time. I also went to Saint Petersburg where I visited the Kuntz-Kamera which is the first museum ever to exist in Russia. I've also visited Petergoth which was beautiful, it was full of castles, fountains, gardens.

by Alexandra

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"My Country" Poetry Writing

Words can have an impact when we use them in ways that create images and evoke emotions. Poetry is a way of writing that allows someone to communicate these images and emotions in a deeply personal way. They require creativity and thought about a subject, often using a limited amount of words to so.
Dorothea Mackellar is an Australian poet, who uses imagery in her poetry to great effect. They portray her love of her country by creating images of colour and ruggedness through a rich use of descriptive words. The most famous of her poems is called "My country", which the students then compared to another poem of hers called "Colours of the Light".

After completing the lessons on imagery from these poems, we came up with a definition and looked at the words that can evoke the 5 senses. 
To start the process of using imagery in our own writing, we brainstormed ideas for poems. This helps the process of pre-writing. Getting ideas written down assists the students' …

How to create a Pop Art portrait using Google Docs

Pop Art was an art movement in the 20th Century that features bright colours and strong contrasts in graphics. Andy Warhol was one of the key artists of the movement who became renowned for bright two-dimensional portraits of famous people. The portraits were often repeated a number of times

Making our own version of a Pop Art portrait turned out to be a lot of fun. Photos of each student were taken and uploaded to Google Photos. I made a folder for all the photos which Stage 3 were able to access. I then created an Assignment in Google Classroom. 
Each Stage 3 student chose their own photo, which they downloaded to their picture files. The students then opened a Google doc and uploaded their photo to the document. They then cropped the photo so that it focused on the face of the student more. They then copied and pasted their photo into the document a number of times. 
To recolour the photo, Stage 3 edited their photo using different filters, changing the brightness and contrast to m…

The Burnt Stick- A Personal Response

Stories can help us see, the experiences and emotions of other people. Using stories to empathise with another person's life can be a powerful way to change the views that we might hold about other people. It puts us into their shoes, and see another person's life through their eyes.

The Burnt Stick is a book written with that intention. The story is about an aboriginal boy called John Jagamarra who was taken from his family when he was 5 years old. He was taken by the Welfare man to live with the Fathers at Pearl Bay Mission for Aboriginal Children, to learn the ways of the white man.

The students in Stage 3 have been learning about how to write a personal response to a story. Personal responses come in many forms but always need to have a summary of the story and a personal response or opinion about it.

The criteria for our personal response is:

The starting point for the writing was to brainstorm ideas about the feelings and thoughts about the story. What would it like to …